Part Time Registered Nurse Position
Part Time nursing positions at Rockdoc Consulting Inc. working with a bright, energetic group of colleagues in a fast growing dynamic company with a fun and stimulating corporate culture. Available positions will focus on providing nursing care at the Vancouver City Jail beginning right away.
JOB TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide nursing care to patients at Vancouver City Jail, 12 hr shifts.
- Provide First Aid to members of Vancouver City Jail
- Maintain health records including MARs, patient history, and various other nursing reports
- Maintain and inventory medications, medical equipment and supplies
- Collect and arrange for transportation of laboratory samples
- Collect patient records and reports for patient charts
- Coordinate specialist and ER referrals
- Use of computerized self-scheduling system
- Maintains clinical skills and knowledge
- Works within an interdisciplinary clinical framework in accordance with the BCCNP Standards of Practice, Direction of Jail Sergeant and consistent with the mission and values of Rockdoc Consulting Inc.
- Reports to the Nursing Manager – Rockdoc Special Projects Division
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS:
- Positive Attitude and a willingness to embrace Rockdoc’s Corporate Culture and Values
- Prioritize duties and delegate responsibilities, and work independently
- Communicate effectively, both verbally, electronically and in writing
- Personal flexibility and ability to creatively problem solve on the fly, and resolve conflicts
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position
Baccalaureate degree in Nursing, Current registration with the British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals and BLS certification.
SALARY & BENEFITS:
Hourly rates in excess of local nursing pay scale based on education and experience.
Benefits available for full time and some part time employees.
Rockdoc Consulting Inc. is a provider of specialized medical services and health care consulting for events, organizations and people. Based out of Vancouver, BC, with affiliates across Canada, Rockdoc has decades of experience providing emergent, urgent and continuing care – meeting and exceeding the standard of care by helping our clients effectively navigate Healthcare.
Rockdoc is a fast paced team of dynamic people, committed to providing value to our clients by ensuring our staff members have fun and are fully supported, challenged and appreciated when working with Rockdoc.